Monsoon Scrambled Eggs With Beef, Oats And Tomatoes - Food Easy Recipe

Being trapped in my apartment because of the monsoon flood have required me to be more creative with my food and what supplies I have left.  Today, I'm gonna share with you guys my scrambled eggs recipe that I have named after the flood which brought havoc to Metro Manila.

INGREDIENTS:

For the Ground Beef Adobo:

1/4 kilo Ground beef
Oil for sautéing
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 cup chopped kinchay
Soy sauce, salt, and pepper to taste

For the Scrambled Eggs:

3 medium sized eggs
1 pack Maggi Magic Sarap (or salt if not available)
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup prepared Ground Beef Adobo (or as much as you want)
3 or 4 medium-sized tomatoes, diced
2 regular cheesedog (optional — but this will add some kick to your scrambled eggs, so go ahead with it)




INSTRUCTIONS:

For the Ground Beef Adobo:

  • Cook ground beef in water, simmer until tender. Drain excess water. Set aside.
  • Saute garlic in oil then add the boiled ground beef. Season with salt and pepper, add soy sauce for extra flavor and darker color. Cook until golden brown.
  • Garnish with the chopped kinchay.
  • Drain excess oil then set aside.


1. Ground pork will also do, but ground beef is preferred. Tasteful in every bite. I regularly prepare a kilo of ground beef and just keep it in my fridge. Comes in handy when I’m cooking pasta, sautéing veggies, or just making scrambled eggs. But for this recipe, 1/4 kilo is more than enough. You can keep the excess.

2. Use as many as you want. I just enjoy the smell of garlic when being fried so I use a lot. And my mom says it lowers cholesterol level or something.

3.  I use RAM quick cooking oats, it has more fiber and protein content than the other brands I’ve checked. Cheaper too.

No comments:

Post a Comment